From the Labor Commission of the CPUSA, updates, information, news, analysis, and organizing materials in solidarity with workers of the world.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A letter to Dick Dauch and the Shareholders of American Axle

Editor's note: I received this via e-mail last night from a woman who's husband works for American Axle. I have previously posted a letter that he had written to Dauch and the Shareholders (it can be read here), and really appreciate their contributions.


I have written a letter to Dick Dauch and the Shareholders of American Axle.
I ask that you share it...


DICK DAUCH AND THE SHAREHOLDERS OF

AMERICAN AXLE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!


I am sick and tired of the CRAP that Dick Dauch and American Axle is trying to dish to its employees and their families.


I can’t believe that this man has the nerve to sit there and offer insulting wages with insulting “buy downs” and “buy outs”. He should be ashamed of what he is putting our 3600+ families through. Let’s not forget the other hundreds of thousands families that are being affected by this strike too. Not only in our country; but world wide.


He seems to think that his “buy downs” and “buy outs” will be “cushy and comfy” for his employees. These figures must be enough to replace the 14 years my husband has in at your company, the fact that we have to completely start over somewhere else – without the same pay – and allow our families to keep our houses. In my opinion, this man will never offer enough for the damage that has already been done and the wrath we are about to endure.


He smugly accepts a huge salary and bonuses while he threatens to close our plants because we aren’t making a profit large enough. However, he fails to announce to the world that these 5 plants fund the off shore plants and the off shore plants rake in the profits. How do you expect my husband and his co-workers to produce enough to finance all of these operations? Meanwhile, he is taking machines out of my husband’s plant and sending them to non-union plants. It’s a disgrace! AMERICAN Axle …yeah, real American. For how long?


I resent the fact that he is turning our lives upside down. I resent the fact we have to start over. I resent the fact we may have to TRY and sell our home and my kids may have to leave their school and the friends they know. Above all, I resent the fact that this is all because of ONE man and ONE company’s greed!


I hope the whole Dauch family and members of the board can sleep well at night with their million dollar salaries; knowing their jobs and salaries are safe. While we are worrying and wondering how we are going to repair this financial and emotional mess that he has thrown us into. We can only hope that he acquires a conscience before it’s too late!


Jolyn Gismonde

No comments: