From the Labor Commission of the CPUSA, updates, information, news, analysis, and organizing materials in solidarity with workers of the world.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Labor to Labor Aid for China

Hi Labor UpFront,


It seems now would be a good time to push for more of a bridge between US labor and Chinese labor. We could ask them if there is a way we can help. The city of Dujiangyan was under a different name when I was 6 years old, and I did not realize for a couple of days in this crisis, that in the news I was seeing the town we lived in for 2 1/2 years, mid-'48 to beginning of '51. (I was gone much of that time to a boarding school for missionary kids, but still have some memories of what used to be called Guan Xian.)
We do not have any more meetings of our local this school year, but I am going to take it up with officers and our delegation to the NEA, which meets in DC July 1-6. I am not a delegate to the AFT which meets a couple of weeks later in Chicago, but I will try to see if someone in the AFT will raise it. I am interested in hearing other labor folks thoughts on this. Not only is this important worker to worker help but it can help us build workers of the world unite – badly needed in this time of corporate globalization.


In solidarity,

John Streater

Florida

No comments: